Vero Cycling was established in 2013. We are a social club that strives to provide group rides, safety training, opportunities to enjoy each others company, and support for the Bicycle community.
- During “season” Vero Cycling endeavors to have rides every day.
- Rides are offered for ALL LEVELS, casual to race pace.
- Rides for ALL LEVELS begin and end in the same place and at the same time. Pace levels and distances are adjusted to the ability of riding groups.
- Casual and C rides will not leave any rider behind. If you experience fatigue, mechanical, or other difficulties someone will always ride with you.
- Rules of the road are adhered to strictly.
- League Cycling Instructors (LCI) provide yearly Safety Training sessions.
- Designated Ride Leaders attend training sessions every year.
- Ride Leaders support most rides.
- Many rides have an opportunity to socialize at a local restaurant after the ride.
- There are several social events throughout the year.
- Our very important “Non-Rider Ambassadors” welcome and assist other non-rider guests at our social events.
- We offer specialty rides throughout the year:
The "Ride of Silence"
The monthly "Beer and Dog Ride"
"Short and Sweet with a Bite to Eat Rides"
Long Rides and Destination Rides
"The Vero Beach Mural Ride"
- The "Ride of Silence" is held each May to honor bicyclists who have died while riding and to raise community awareness of the growing bicycle riding population.
- In partnership with Bike Walk Indian River County, our members participate in the Bike Rehab Program which is designed to provide rehabilitated bikes to adults and children in need.
- Vero Cycling, in partnership with the City of Vero Beach, Indian River County, has installed 3 bicycle workstations at Jaycee Beach, MacWilliams Park, and North County Regional Park/Sebastian Rail Trail for use by the community.
- Indian River County is a Bronze Bicycle Friendly Community.
Vero Cycling, Inc. is a bicycle club based in Vero Beach, Florida. Vero Cycling was formed to promote cycling in Indian River County, Florida; to encourage cyclists of all levels, from beginning to advanced; to advocate for cycling related interests; to promote safe cycling; and to encourage respect among cyclists and non-cyclists.